Live with us
Its that time of the year again to gather family and loved ones around the table for a sumptuous feast. So you've planned the menu and now its time to let your inner stylist run riot and decorate your table. For an easy effortless look, we have put together a few ideas and where-to-buy tips to help you along. There is nothing like a few worn and vintage accessories against a pure linen backdrop to create a relaxed, rustic Christmas table. Here are our top tips;
- Pick a colour palette and add a hint of sparkle with gold or silver. If you are thinking of an Australian summer palette, try ivory and greens with highlights of blueberry, gold or silver. We picked a traditional colour palette of red and green with highlights of vintage silver and gold. Add layers of texture for interest. Our wooden baubles and Flax Table Cloth and Napkins build in layers of texture for a rustic look.
- Invest in quality table linen that will not only last you a lifetime but is also versatile enough to use throughout the year. Keep it simple and practical for that relaxed look. Consider 100% linen which is long lasting, soft, highly absorbent, has naturally antibacterial properties and like wine, gets better with age. Quality table linen will speak volumes to your guests. Browse our table linen here.
- Grab a few baubles off your Christmas tree and scatter them around the table. Use them as napkin rings, place tags or plate decor. We used timber baubles as napkin rings. Our wooden baubles and mini-wreath decorations are from Provincial.
- For a touch of old world charm, pick up some tableware from your local brocante markets.You will find a treasure trove of goodies and bargains from candle stands, tea lights, napkin rings, cutlery, serving trays etc. Here is a list of 15 antique markets around Victoria.
- As a centerpiece, we found a charming silver plated vintage candelabra at the Waverley Antique Bazaar and filled a hurricane vase from Villa Maison with bright red poinsettias.
- Cutlery generally works from outside in, so whatever you will need in the first course will sit on the outside and so forth. Lay forks on the left, knives on the right and spoons at the top.
- Keep your table practical with plenty of space around for food platters, goodies and glassware.
- Splurge on a bottle of bubbles and let the festivities begin!
Our Christmas table
Wood baubles and Flax table linen add texture
A traditional colour palette of red, green, vintage silver and gold
Table place setting
The centrepiece, a vintage candelabra from Waverley Antique Bazaar
Create a rustic Christmas table
Christmas table ideas from Limestone and Linen
Invest in quality table linen for your guests
What is linen?Linen is a natural fibre, made from the stalk of a flax plant. It is regarded in Europe as the best quality fabric. Europeans have long favoured linen for their sheeting because of its amazing properties. It softens the more it is used and washed, is extremely durable and lasts decades when cared [...]